Should non-security 2.7 bugs be fixed?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jul 22 02:51:06 EDT 2015

On 7/21/2015 10:07 PM, Rick Johnson wrote:

> two possibilities exist:
>
>    (a) Mark is a core dev who has committed patches and is a
>    bully.
>
>    (b) Mark is not a core dev, and therefor can not commit
>    anything, therefor he's a bully *AND* a hypocrite!
>
> Which is it?

Mark is not a core dev, cannot commit, and as far as I know, has never
claimed such.  However, he has participated on the tracker, has reviewed
patches, and has submitted patches, at least one of which has been
committed.  His user name is BreamoreBoy and his tracker email is the
same breamore@ address that recently upset you.  'BreamoreBoy' has been
nosy on at least 1483 issues, over half as many as me.

You, as 'RantingRick' have opened 1 issue, quickly closed, but not
posted under than name on any others.
https://bugs.python.org/issue8970
You sent one patch to me which I applied.
Maybe there is some other activity that I missed.

I would prefer it if you both stopped snipping and sniping at each other.

--
Terry Jan Reedy