Can I copy/paste Python code?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 20:04:50 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 8:36 AM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds like Evince has really gone down hill since I last used Gnome.  I
> use Atril on Mate desktop and it works as well as Evince ever used to
> for me, which is expected seeing as it was forked from Gnome 2 sources.
>  I have never had any problems cutting and pasting text.  And you can
> definitely close the TOC panel.

I use Evince on Debian, where it came prepackaged with my Xfce
desktop. It identifies itself as "GNOME Document Viewer 3.14.1",
leaving me wondering if the next version would be 3.14.12 in
Knuth-style numbering, but that's beside the point. Copying and
pasting works perfectly from some documents, and imperfectly from
others. Notably, it seems sometimes to be completely unaware of
columns, and copy and paste text straight across the page, which
leaves me staring at "zombie Ring Gates" and other gems. But it's
generally good enough for my purposes.

ChrisA