Should non-security 2.7 bugs be fixed?

Devin Jeanpierre jeanpierreda at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 19:50:52 EDT 2015

Considering CPython is officially accepting performance improvements
to 2.7, surely bug fixes are also allowed?

I have contributed both performance improvements and bug fixes to 2.7.
In my experience, the problem is not the lack of contributors, it's
the lack of code reviewers.

I think this is something everyone should care about. The really great
thing about working on a project like Python is that not only do you
help the programmers who use Python, but also the users who use the
software that those programmers create. Python 2.7 is important in the
software ecosystem of the world. Fixing bugs and making performance
improvements can sometimes significantly help the >1B people who use
the software written in Python 2.7.

-- Devin