Should non-security 2.7 bugs be fixed?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Jul 18 19:36:33 EDT 2015

I asked the following as an off-topic aside in a reply on another
thread. I got one response which presented a point I had not considered.
  I would like more viewpoints from 2.7 users.

Background: each x.y.0 release normally gets up to 2 years of bugfixes,
until x.(y+1).0 is released.  For 2.7, released summer 2010, the bugfix
period was initially extended to 5 years, ending about now.  At the
spring pycon last year, the period was extended to 10 years, with an
emphasis on security and build fixed.  My general question is what other
fixes should be made?  Some specific forms of this question are the
following.

If the vast majority of Python programmers are focused on 2.7, why are
volunteers to help fix 2.7 bugs so scarce?

Does they all consider it perfect (or sufficient) as is?

Should the core developers who do not personally use 2.7 stop
backporting, because no one cares if they do?

--
Terry Jan Reedy