Re: Fwd: Python Error: ImportError: No module named ''folder_name’ at Command Prompt

Vincent Vande Vyvre vincent.vande.vyvre at telenet.be
Sun Jul 12 01:50:57 EDT 2015

Le 12/07/2015 06:02, Ernest Bonat, Ph.D. a écrit :
> Thanks for your help. I had follow the link: How to add a Python module
> to syspath?
>
> <http://askubuntu.com/questions/470982/how-to-add-a-python-module-to-syspath>
> and I could not make it work. I did use sys.path.insert() and
> sys.path.append() as:
>
> Examples: sys.path.append('/python_mvc_calculator/calculator/') or
> sys.path.insert(0, "/python_mvc_calculator/calculator")
>
> I did try it to:
> sys.path.append('/python_mvc_calculator/calculator/controller') or
> sys.path.insert(0, "/python_mvc_calculator/calculator/controller") too!
>
> The main.py file is in python_mvc_calculator/calculator folder and I
> need to import a module calculatorcontroller.py in
> "python_mvc_calculator/calculator/controller"
>
> I hope this explanation helps a bit!
>
> <http://askubuntu.com/questions/470982/how-to-add-a-python-module-to-syspath>
>
> Thanks

If "/python_mvc_calculator/calculator/controller" is a folder and if you
have a file __init__.py into this folder, you have to use:

sys.path.insert(0, "/python_mvc_calculator/calculator/controller")
from calculatorcontroller import foo # or import calculatorcontroller

But the init file must be named __init__.py NOT init.py as sayed in
askubuntu.

Vincent