module dependencies issues

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 15:59:59 EDT 2015

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 5:55 AM, Cyril Scetbon <cyril.scetbon at free.fr> wrote:
> It's just a sample. I'd like to get a general answer. So think about the worst case.

(Please don't top-post on this list.)

The worst case is virtually impossible to handle. Somewhere along the
way, you need to say "import B" and Python has to go and fetch up some
module. There has to be exactly one module under that name. This isn't
a packaging issue, it's an issue with how Python references modules:
there can be only one! Highlander: The System Modules Dictionary!

How do you expect the end result to work? Will it be that your code
imports one version of a module, but other code imports another? You
would have to rename one of them or something.

ChrisA