installing libraries like numpy scipy matplotlib

Jens Thoms Toerring jt at toerring.de
Sun Jul 5 08:21:26 EDT 2015

memilanuk <memilanuk at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/04/2015 07:58 AM, Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:
> > PIYUSH KUMAR <okkpiyush at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I have never used linux in my life.. only windows based computing.. So I
> >> have problems in installing third party libraries in python.
> >
> > It depends. One question is if there's already a ready-for-use
> > package for the third party library you want to install. If that
> > is the case then the next question is which distro you're using

> I could be wrong, but I think the point was that he's not using Linux,
> while the majority of instructions for getting and using various
> scientific libraries for Python assume that the user *is* using Linux.

Reading it the first time I understood it too mean that the OP
is completely new to Linux (otherwise why mention Linux at all
and not ask directly "How do I install something under Windows?").
But on second reading I see that it could also have beenmeant the
other way round and it's not about Linux at all;-)

                            Best regards, Jens
  \   Jens Thoms Toerring  ___      jt at toerring.de