[OT] fortran lib which provide python like data type

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 21:30:33 EST 2015

On Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 11:13:29 PM UTC+5:30, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> Rustom Mody:
>
> > On Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 5:52:58 PM UTC+5:30, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> >> Esthetically, I'm most impressed with Scheme. One day it might give
> >> Python a run for its money.
> >
> > Aren't you getting this backwards?
>
> Deep down I'm a minimalist romantic.
>
> > Its just that its 2015 now not 1985...
>
> "Python was conceived in the late 1980s" ["Python", Wikipedia]
> Scheme was conceived in the 1920s.       ["Combinatory Logic", Wikipedia]
>
> > People did not 'settle' the question: "How many angels can dance on
> > the head of a pin". It just stopped being relevant.
>
> Speak for yourself. It's just that the answer was found:
>
>     ι = λf.((fS)K)                       ["Iota and Jot", Wikipedia]
>
> Donc Dieu existe, répondez!

My répondez:

Marvin Minsky's Turing award lecture
http://web.media.mit.edu/~minsky/papers/TuringLecture/TuringLecture.html

There is a real conflict between the logician's goal and the
educator's. The logician wants to minimize the variety of ideas,
and doesn't mind a long, thin path. The educator (rightly) wants
to make the paths short and doesn't mind–in fact,
prefers–connections to many other ideas. And he cares almost not
at all about the directions of the links.

Anyway…  Thanks for those links or rather the pointer to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iota_and_Jot