Python is DOOMED! Again!

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 03:49:50 EST 2015

On 29/01/2015 08:23, Mario Figueiredo wrote:
> In article <mailman.18229.1422469034.18130.python-list at python.org>,
> breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk says...
>>
>> C and C++ are weakly and statically typed languages.  Python is a
>> strongly and dynamically typed language.  Therefore anything following
>> based on the above paragraph alone is wrong.
>>

> Indeed. I confused strongly/weakly with static. I feel a a bit
> embarrased by it. My apologies.

Accepted, from me anyhow. Please remember the only person who never
makes a mistake never does anything :)

> But no. Nothing that follows from that paragraph is wrong, just because
> of that mistake.

I should have emphasied the word *alone*, sorry about that.

> It still stands that list was artifically created to make it look like
> type annotations on top of executable code is a feature of nearly every
> language in the book. When it is not!
>
> Most particularly when it comes to statically typed languages, wich
> Steven didn't feel guilty of including there.

I don't know enough about most other languages to comment, I'll leave
that to the various gurus.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence