Python is DOOMED! Again!

Mario Figueiredo marfig at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 03:23:50 EST 2015

In article <mailman.18229.1422469034.18130.python-list at python.org>,
breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk says...

> C and C++ are weakly and statically typed languages.  Python is a
> strongly and dynamically typed language.  Therefore anything following
> based on the above paragraph alone is wrong.

Indeed. I confused strongly/weakly with static. I feel a a bit
embarrased by it. My apologies.

But no. Nothing that follows from that paragraph is wrong, just because
of that mistake.

It still stands that list was artifically created to make it look like
type annotations on top of executable code is a feature of nearly every
language in the book. When it is not!

Most particularly when it comes to statically typed languages, wich
Steven didn't feel guilty of including there.