unicode question

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jan 28 02:21:39 EST 2015

On 1/27/2015 12:17 AM, Rehab Habeeb wrote:
> Hi there python staff
> does python support arabic language for texts ? and what to do if it
> support it?
> i wrote hello in Arabic using codeskulptor and the powershell just for
> testing and the same error appeared( a sytanx error in unicode)!!

I do not know how complete the support is, but this is copied from
3.4.2, which uses tcl/tk 8.6.
 >>> t = "الحركات"
 >>> for c in t: print(c)  # Prints rightmost char above first
ا
ل
ح
ر
ك
ا
ت

The following StackOverflow question and response indicate that there
may b more issue, but it was asked before tcl/tk 8.6 was available, so
the answer may be partially obsolete.

--
Terry Jan Reedy