Python is DOOMED! Again!

Mario Figueiredo marfig at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 16:35:07 EST 2015

In article <mailman.18187.1422393854.18130.python-list at python.org>,
rosuav at gmail.com says...

> Sure you can! But this is *itself* a weak argument, unless you
> actually have a codebase that uses it.

Wait. Are you saying that unless I show you a codebase that requires
marshalling and static analysis, you will ignore the fact that a
project, no matter its size, may require more than one annotation type?

In other words, lets suggest function annotations as a restrictive
feature, instead of a feature that can adapt to more than one use case.

> YAGNI comes to mind. When do
> you actually need to annotate with multiple styles like this, and
> should everyone pay the price (the disconnect from from the function
> name) even though this is almost never needed?

That is your price. My price is seeing my executable code cluttered with
static fluff. Very pythonesc, I suppose...