Python is DOOMED! Again!

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 16:24:06 EST 2015

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 8:19 AM, Mario Figueiredo <marfig at gmail.com> wrote:
>     @typehint@ some crazy syntax for static analysis
>     @marshallib@ more crazy syntax for the marshall lib
>     @anotherlib@ Whoohoo! a 3rd annotation for another lib
>     """
>
> Are you telling me this is not a viable alternative. That somehow we
> should ignore the possibility of potentially different annotations
> having to coexist on a project? C'mon!

Sure you can! But this is *itself* a weak argument, unless you
actually have a codebase that uses it. YAGNI comes to mind. When do
you actually need to annotate with multiple styles like this, and
should everyone pay the price (the disconnect from from the function
name) even though this is almost never needed?

ChrisA