Python is DOOMED! Again!

Mario Figueiredo marfig at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 14:10:36 EST 2015

In article <mailman.17984.1421952098.18130.python-list at python.org>,
random832 at fastmail.us says...
> How is that the opposite direction? It's a short jump from there to
> "pylint [or whatever tool] will consider a lack of type hinting to be
> something to warn for" and "managers/customers will consider this
> warning to mean your program has failed and is unacceptable".

Customers don't have access to static analysis output and project
managers should know better than to demand static analysis without
properly contextualize it. I just don't see a project manager having no
idea what static analysis means.

I think you are completely of the mark here, if you think type
annotations will become some sort of obligatory feature.

The criticism is about the choices regarding its syntax and whether it
should couple so tightly with our source code (as is suggested on the
PEP) and whether it should be entirely moved to comment-like structures.

No one in their right mind looks at static analysis as an obligatory
feature in Python, or any other programming language.