python traceroute

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Jan 20 23:02:31 EST 2015

On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 19:37:26 -0800, Chandrakant Tiwari wrote:

> in the program below i want it to make it work  the same way as TRACERT
> command . but i am not able to make it  work the same way . for  which i
> need  your help thank  you

What is the difference between TRACERT and your Python script?

What do you expect your script to do that it doesn't do, or what does it
do that it shouldn't do? Please be explicit:

# Wrong, don't do this.
"Program should work just like TRACERT."

# A little better, but still wrong.
"Program should work just like TRACERT on operating system Foo version 7
when running this command: tracert -options argument"

# Better.
"I tried to do <SOME TASK> where I expected to get <THESE RESULTS> which
matches this TRACERT command <COMMAND> on <OPERATING SYSTEM>, but instead
I got <THESE UNWANTED RESULTS>."

Otherwise, we have to:

- guess what results you want
- guess what results you got