Trees

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 09:21:14 EST 2015

On 20/01/2015 05:19, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk>:
>
>> On 19/01/2015 22:06, Zachary Gilmartin wrote:
>>> Why aren't there trees in the python standard library?
>>
>> Probably because you'd never get agreement as to which specific tree
>> and which specific implementation was the most suitable for inclusion.
>
> Most programming languages provide one standard sorted mapping
> implementation.

I'd have thought it would be the standard library and not the language
that provided a sorted mapping.  Are you also saying that this has to be
implemented as a tree, such that this has to be provided by cPython,
Jython, IronPython, Pypy and so on and so forth?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence