Trees

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Tue Jan 20 00:19:14 EST 2015

Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk>:

> On 19/01/2015 22:06, Zachary Gilmartin wrote:
>> Why aren't there trees in the python standard library?
>
> Probably because you'd never get agreement as to which specific tree
> and which specific implementation was the most suitable for inclusion.

Most programming languages provide one standard sorted mapping
implementation.

GvR is highly suspicious of the utility of trees and wouldn't like to
take the burden of maintaining them in the stdlib.

So in my Python software (both at work and at home) needs, I use a
Python AVL tree implementation of my own. My use case is timers. (GvR
uses heapq for the purpose.)

Marko