Why do the URLs of posts here change?

Gregory Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sat Jan 17 17:31:28 EST 2015

Albert van der Horst wrote:
> Knowing that the source is an mbox file, I don't need to follow
> that link to conclude that one is not very inventive.
> It suffices to replace the content of the message by
> a repetition of 'xxxx\n'.

Editing the mbox file isn't the problem. From what I
gather, telling mailman to regenerate the web pages
from the mbox file causes all the messages to be given
new ID numbers, even if they remain in the same places
in the mbox.

So the web pages as well as the mbox would have to
be edited by hand, instead of using the auto regen
process.

--
Greg