Why do the URLs of posts here change?

Albert van der Horst albert at spenarnc.xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 17 11:39:29 EST 2015

In article <mailman.17551.1420862015.18130.python-list at python.org>,
Chris Angelico  <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 2:21 PM, Gregory Ewing
><greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
>> Skip Montanaro wrote:
>>>
>>> The way this is done, is
>>> that the message is removed from the underlying mbox file, and the
>>> archive regenerated. That changes the counter for every message after
>>> that point
>>

>> Would it help to replace the message with a stub
>> instead of deleting it altogether?
>
>I had the same thought, but apparently not, according to the page
>Peter Otten linked to:
>
>http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Stable+URLs

Knowing that the source is an mbox file, I don't need to follow
that link to conclude that one is not very inventive.
It suffices to replace the content of the message by
a repetition of 'xxxx\n'. Maybe also the sender and the subject.

albert at spe&ar&c.xs4all.nl &=n http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst