How do I remove/unlink wildcarded files

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 18:52:49 EST 2015

On Friday, January 2, 2015 11:54:49 AM UTC-6, Rustom Mody wrote:
> And how does this strange language called English fits
> into your rules and (no) special cases scheme?

Oh i'm not blind to the many warts of the English language,
for it has many undesirable qualities indeed, however, it
*is* the "most ubiquitous language spoken" in the world.

    Note that "most ubiquitous spoken" does not mean that
    "the majority of people in the world speak English",
    rather that: "English crosses more cultural divides than
    any language spoken today" -- and because of that fact
    (for better or worse???) our public communications
    should be in English only.

I not suggesting that "supporting" multiple languages is a
sin, merely that, supporting multiple languages is a waste
of valuable time -- time that could be better spent tracking
bugs or adding features.

That is the sole reason why i detest UNICODE. UNICODE's
existence provides "life-support" for natural language
multiplicity, because it acts as a translator for selfish
alias's of ideas. Without this "translator", the technical
society would render these languages obsolete in short time.

    REGIONAL LANGUAGES REPRESENT "SELFISH SYMBOL TABLES", WHO'S
    KEYS ARE MERELY "SUPERFLUOUS CODIFICATIONS" OF THE UBIQUITOUS
    "IMMUTABLE GLOBAL CONCEPTS" FOR WHICH THEY MAP, AND WE NEED
    AN OPTIMIZER TO FOREVER FREE OUR COMMUNICATIONS OF THESE
    "REDUNDANT BINDINGS"; INJECTED BY EMOTIONAL LITTLE AMATEURS,
    WHO's INTELLECTUAL BOUNDARIES END AT THE BASE OF THEIR OWN
    INSIGNIFICANT LITTLE ANT HILL!

    THE UNIVERSE SHOULD BE THE ONLY LIMIT!

A tree is a tree, not matter how you spell it. A dog is dog,
velocity/mass/etc... These definitions (an many others) of
both "tangible objects" and "intangible ideas" are not in
dispute, SO WHY PERPETUATE SELFISH CODES TO DESCRIBE THEM?

Relationships such as: "dogs and cats are mammals", are
likewise not disputable, but yet we continue to codify
knowledge behind a multiplicity of selfish regional symbols --
and for what benefit?

Look, i know humans have this "instinctual need" to assemble
in herds, herds which employ unique symbols which "coddle"
their need for "sense of being" within the herd, but
these "needs" are not intellectual, they are but *cheap*
emotional remnants from our primitive days, and whist these
"herd emotions" are invaluable to the survival of primitive
lifeforms, we must realize that they serve no intellectual
purpose, and in fact, are an anchor around the necks of
advanced lifeforms such as ourselves.

    WE MUST RELY ON LOGIC TO MOVE US INTO THE NEXT EVOLUTIONARY
    STAGE -- BECAUSE EMOTION WILL DESTROY US!

Logic is not instinctual, neither is reason -- but emotion
*IS*! Emotion is our "basic modality" to fall back on when
the "logical system" fails us. A clear example of this "base
system" in action is the "oft-cited cop-out" of:

    "Oh, that's just semantics!"

Such a remark is nothing more than a weak "ego defense"
employed by an opponent who is either: (1) too lazy to
contemplate the intellectual depths, or (2) lacks the
intellectual *fortitude* to grasp the inherent concepts.

At some point we *ALL* need to realize that most ideas need
to be codified into a stdlib of world-wide natural language,
and then internalized within all public communication. Am i
suggesting that no one would be allowed to speak in regional
tongues...?

OF COURSE NOT!

I'm merely suggesting that only *ONE* official language be
supported for public business and public communication
purposes. You are free to speak or write whatever "slang" or
"regionally selfish code" that you want in any "non-
official" communique.