Newbie question about text encoding

alister alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 27 17:13:08 EST 2015

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 04:45:04 +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:
> Perhaps, but on the other hand, the skill of squeezing code into less
> memory is being replaced by other skills. We can write code that takes
> the simple/dumb approach, let it use an entire megabyte of memory, and
> not care about the cost... and we can write that in an hour, instead of
> spending a week fiddling with it. Reducing the development cycle time
> means we can add all sorts of cool features to a program, all while the
> original end user is still excited about it. (Of course, a comparison
> between today's World Wide Web and that of the 1990s suggests that these
> cool features aren't necessarily beneficial, but still, we have the
> option of foregoing austerity.)
>

> ChrisA

again I am fluid on this 'Clever' programming is often counter productive
& unmaintainable, but the again lazy programming can also be just as bad
fro this, there is no "one size fits all" solution but the modern
environment does make lazy programming very easy.

--
After all, all he did was string together a lot of old, well-known
quotations.