Python Worst Practices

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Feb 26 14:24:05 EST 2015

cl at isbd.net writes:

> Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > My request at the moment, though, is not for people to change what's
> > on their slides; rather, if they want people to retrieve them, the
> > slides should be downloadable easily (i.e. without a web app,
> > without a registration to some specific site).
>
> ... and having downloaded them what do you view them with if they're
> not plain text?

Again, I was not the one asking for plain text. So I don't really
understand why you ask me that. But, here goes:

Presentations documents, the overwhelming majority, are in a very small
number of formats.

If they're PDF: any PDF viewer <URL:https://pdfreaders.org/>.

If they're a format produced by some widespread presentation tool:
LibreOffice Impress <URL:https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/impress/>.

Why do you ask?

--
 \      “The way to build large Python applications is to componentize |
  `\             and loosely-couple the hell out of everything.” —Aahz |