Python Silent Install

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Feb 24 06:49:06 EST 2015

On 23/02/2015 16:41, Colin Atkinson wrote:
> Fantastic!  I ran the below command and it worked:
>
> Msiexec /i python.msi TARGETDIR="C:\Program Files\Python" ADDLOCAL="all" REMOVE="pip_feature" /qn
>
> Thanks for the quick response.

Thanks for confirming that the answer worked. One thing to note: this
incantation doesn't just remove the aesthetic nuisance of a "DOS Box"
appearing. It actually prevents pip from being installed. This isn't
necessarily a problem; you might not want it installed, and there are
several ways of getting it there after the fact. But you need to be
aware that this is the effect.

TJG