Future of Pypy?

Dave Farrance DaveFarrance at OMiTTHiSyahooANDTHiS.co.uk
Sun Feb 22 10:36:42 EST 2015

Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se> wrote:

>I don't understand 'an interpreter rather than a JIT'.  PyPy has a
>JIT, that sort of is the whole point.

Yes.  I meant that from my end-user, non-software-engineer perspective, it
looked as though CPython was proceeding with leaps and bounds and that
PyPy remained mostly a proof-of-concept after several years.

But thanks for your description of the issues.  So once the core issues
are sorted out, if enough people can be found to work on it, then
hopefully the library conversions will follow apace.