Accessible tools

Jacob Kruger jacob at blindza.co.za
Thu Feb 19 11:15:52 EST 2015

I use edSharp as my primary code/text editor, and just save code from there,
and while it doesn't offer too many things like design tools, it's pretty
much perfect in terms of code block selection, code snippets, code
navigation - to a certain extent, even in python, with regards to jumping
from block to block, etc.

Text based IDE would be nice at times, as long as you could review code
nicely enough, etc., and in terms of GUI design I generally just make use
of/work with scrollable grids via wxPython, since that cooperates well
enough in end result with both sighted, and accessibility API users, etc.,
but anyway.

It just means my interface design is done via a form of layout-by-code,
dropping controls in a flexGridSizer as well, but anyway.

My one primary thing I would like to be able to handle in terms of
development process is better means of working with debugging code
execution, etc. - at moment, primarily either print out information to
console, during dev process, or at times invoke sound effects/TTS output to
keep track, or even, occasionally use pickle to store images of objects for
later review, etc., but anyway...<smile>

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA