'Lite' Databases (Re: sqlite3 and dates)

memilanuk memilanuk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 00:26:37 EST 2015

On 02/18/2015 09:16 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
> memilanuk <memilanuk at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> In the past I've been waffling back and forth between a desktop
>> client/server setup, or a web-based interface with everything on one
>> computer. At this point I'm leaning toward the latter.
>
> So, it's been many exchanges back and forth, and you still aren't
> telling us what specific needs you have that SQLite can't provide. At
> this point I'm just going to have to wait until you can lay out the
> specifics.

Okay, let me put it like this:  if I set up a web interface using Flask
for the front-end, and SQLite as the backend DB, running from a
PC/laptop, with anywhere from 1 to 10 people doing data entry from other
devices (laptops, desktops, tablets, etc.) at roughly the same time, is
SQLite going to be 'concurrent' enough?

--
Shiny!  Let's be bad guys.

Reach me @ memilanuk (at) gmail dot com