'Lite' Databases (Re: sqlite3 and dates)

rurpy at yahoo.com rurpy at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 23:05:50 EST 2015

On 02/18/2015 05:08 PM, Mario Figueiredo wrote:
>[...]
> SQLite misses some important features that makes it better suited as a
> simple datastore, not much unlike shelve. And network use is not one
> of them, since you can actually implement concurrent sqlite access by
> coding an intermediate layer. Assuming of course we are talking about
> a small number of concurrent users.

I think there are some persistent misunderstandings about Sqlite
in this thread,  Sqlite offers concurrent access already.
What Sqlite doesn't offer is high performance concurrent write
access.  That is, it locks the entire database for the duration
of a write operation.  Given that most such operations are pretty
short, for a small number of concurrent writers this is not a
big problem.