Bad text appearance in IDLE

Frank Millman frank at chagford.com
Thu Feb 12 23:22:53 EST 2015

"ast" <nomail at invalid.com> wrote in message
news:54dc9bee$0$3046$426a34cc at news.free.fr...
> Hello
>
> Here is how text appears in IDLE window
> http://www.cjoint.com/data/0BmnEIcxVAx.htm
>
> Yesterday evening I had not this trouble. It appears
> this morning. I restarted my computer with no effect.
>
> A windows Vista update has been done this morning, with about 10 fixes. I
> suspect something gone wrong with this update
>
> Has somebody an explanation about that ?
>
> thx

I use Windows Server 2003. It also ran an automatic update yesterday.
Something seems to have gone wrong with the system font. I don't use IDLE,
but I use OutlookExpress and Textpad, and they both show a similar effect.

I can live with it for now. I am hoping (with fingers crossed) that enough
people will complain to Microsoft that they will issue a fix shortly.

Frank Millman