Bad text appearance in IDLE

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Feb 12 16:12:31 EST 2015

On 2/12/2015 7:26 AM, ast wrote:
> Hello
>
> Here is how text appears in IDLE window
> http://www.cjoint.com/data/0BmnEIcxVAx.htm

Do you get anything similar when running the console interpreter?

> Yesterday evening I had not this trouble. It appears
> this morning. I restarted my computer with no effect.
>
> A windows Vista update has been done this morning, with about 10 fixes.
> I suspect something gone wrong with this update
>
> Has somebody an explanation about that ?

Assuming not, the difference between them is that Idle writes to the
screen via a tkinter (tk) text widget.  You might try something like
this to see if tkinter is generally not working, even when run without Idle.

import tkinter as tk

root = tk.Tk()
text = tk.Text()
text.pack()
text.insert('1.0', 'this is a test eeeccee')

--
Terry Jan Reedy