Wildly OT: pop-up virtual keyboard for Mac or Linux?

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Wed Feb 11 07:35:49 EST 2015

Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com>:

> Can someone try out:
>
> $ setxkbmap -layout "us,gr" -option "grp:ralt_rshift_toggle"

I tried it.

> Earlier that used to work as a *toggle* ie a RAlt-RShift chord would
> go to gr(eek) and another would come back to 'us'.

I noticed, thanks very much. Luckily I managed to undo the damage
without logging out.

The reason is the Greek keyboard doesn't have an RAlt. Solution:

   $ setxkbmap -layout "us,gr" -option "grp:lalt_rshift_toggle"

The problem with xkbmap is that I don't know how to specify a new
keyboard map as a regular user. I know how to do that with .Xmodmap.

Marko