pymongo and attribute dictionaries

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 16:11:38 EST 2015

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 6:27 AM, Anssi Saari <as at sci.fi> wrote:
> What I find surprising is that so many people cling so hard to their
> localized keyboard layouts. I think none of those were created by
> engineers and should be avoided by technical people. Or, in fact,
> everyone. Even Microsoft seems to understand this and so Windows
> installs the US English layout by default as an alternative.

Speaking as a user of both Dvorak and Qwerty, switching between
layouts frequently can be confusing. In particular the pain points are
the places where the two layouts are similar. I haven't done this so
much recently, but in the past I have often been typing away in one
layout, then come to an A or an M (which happen to be in the same
position in both layouts) at which point my brain would inadvertently
"switch" and I would suddenly find myself typing in the wrong layout.
I would expect that a localized layout with more similarity than what
there is between Dvorak and Qwerty would cause even more of these
types of problems.