ANN: unpyc3 - a python bytecode decompiler for Python3

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 19:37:57 EST 2015

On 02/04/2015 05:19 PM, sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com wrote:
> They can take your computer and it doesn't matter if you've got your files on Dropbox.
>
>> "My dog ate my USB stick."
>>
>> :-)
>
> I never used a USB stick for school work.
>
> At this point, I'm probably sounding like a shill for Dropbox, but I'm really not.  I imagine Google Drive offers the same features.  Access to your files from the web, synchronization of local files among computers with access to it, and the ability to retrieve and restore files from previous versions.

In my mind, they are all tools.  And no one tool should be used and
trusted above all others.

Anyone that's programming should be using version control, period.  But
that's not for backup, and backup can and should be used as well as
version control.  Everything I work on I commit to git regularly because
of the utility git gives me.  If I end up trying something that doesn't
pan out, I can retrace my steps (that's what branches are for). I don't
have to dig through two weeks of hourly backups to find out where it was
when I started making a change.  Backup and git serve two complementary
but different purposes.

As well as regularly committing code to Git, I run CrashPlan and on a
regular schedule (hourly perhaps) it copies all changes, committed or
not, and including the git repo itself to the cloud, and also to my
other computer, as well as my parents' computer.  CrashPlan makes this
stuff easy, so there's no reason not have redundancy.  As well, I
semi-regularly run a manual rsync backup to three different USB hard
drives on a rotating backup.

Is this overkill? I don't believe so.  It requires virtually no work on
my part.

I don't see any one cloud service as the best product.  Why not use them
all?  Encrypt if you need to, and sync hourly snapshots to google drive,
drop box, and any other free cloud service.