A newbie quesiton: local variable in a nested funciton

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Dec 26 04:37:23 EST 2015

jfong at ms4.hinet.net writes:

> Thank you, Ben. It's amazing that you seem to know every piece of
> Python information hiding in the web:-)

You're welcome, I'm glad to help. As for the “hiding”, the answer is in
the Python documentation itself.

> see this question listed in python core language's Q&A makes me feel
> better for I am not the only one who commit this kind of crime.

Never feel embarrassed of not knowing something; we should all be active
on the edge of our own ignorance. The embarrassment would be in not
seeking to improve our understanding.

> I should read this Q&A throughly before going any further.

Searching in the official documentation, and in archives of community
forums, is an essential skill to learn for a programmer. I wish you good
fortune in improving that skill :-)

--
 \      “Nothing is more sacred than the facts.” —Sam Harris, _The End |
  `\                                                   of Faith_, 2004 |