Why doesn't response pydoc on my Python 2.7?

Erik python at lucidity.plus.com
Sat Dec 12 18:15:27 EST 2015

Hi Robert,

On 12/12/15 23:01, Robert wrote:
> I want to use pydoc as some online tutorial shows, but it cannot run as
> below. What is wrong?

"some online tutorial"?

> <module 'pydoc' from 'C:\Python27\lib\pydoc.pyc'>

Correct - in the interactive interpreter, typing the name of an object
prints its value. You have imported a module and then typed its name.

> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

In both of these, there  is no operator after "pydoc", so what does it mean?

> Help on module pydoc:

Instead of omitting the result of that, read it!

FWIW, The relevant part based on what I _think_ you're trying to do (as
you didn't include the URL of your "some online tutorial") is probably
this part:

"""
DESCRIPTION
     In the Python interpreter, do "from pydoc import help" to provide
online
     help.  Calling help(thing) on a Python object documents the object.

     Or, at the shell command line outside of Python:

     Run "pydoc <name>" to show documentation on something.
"""

E.