SystemError in python 2.5.4

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Fri Dec 11 03:38:10 EST 2015

Palpandi <palpandi111 at gmail.com> writes:

> I am getting the error mentioned below in python 2.5.4.
>
> SystemError: \loewis\25\python\Objects\longobject.c:225: bad argument to internal function.
>
> I also ran the same code in python 2.7.
> There I am not getting this error.
>
> I don't know which causes this error. Any solution for this?
>
> Note: The error is coming from the method call findall(path).

I do not have the code for Python 2.5.4 around - therefore,
I looked into that for Python 2.4.6. Based on this (older) version,
the "SystemError" above may come from the "PyLong_AsLong" function
(converting a Python "long" into a "C" "long"). In this case,
the error would be caused by provding a wrong parameter
(neither Python "int" nor Python "long") to "PyLong_AsLong".

At your place, I would have a look at the Python 2.5.4 code
and check there where precisely the "SystemError" comes from.
Then I would try to find out why it gets wrong (this might
require the use of a "C" level debugger).