SystemError in python 2.5.4

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Dec 11 03:21:22 EST 2015

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:29 pm, Palpandi wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am getting the error mentioned below in python 2.5.4.
>
> SystemError: \loewis\25\python\Objects\longobject.c:225: bad argument to
> internal function.

Sounds like your installation of Python is broken. You should never get an
internal error like that.

If it was working, and now isn't, I would strongly suspect the application
has been corrupted, or possibly infected by a virus. I would start with a
virus scan and a disk check, and after fixing any faults that come up,
re-install Python 2.5 (or upgrade to 2.7, which is much better).

--
Steven