more itertools

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 22:20:55 EDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks Chris, and Chris Angelico.  Just to make sure I'm not completely
> barking can you try a search on pypi, as I know I've found it that way in
> the past, but literally not right now.  The first hit I get for 'itertools'
> is picklable-itertools 0.1.1 with a weight of 9, 'more-itertools' finds
> nothing, 'more_itertools' takes you to
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/langchangetrack/0.1.0.  Or am I simply having
> another "shouldn't try this at stupid o'clock in the morning" phases?

No, you're not barking. Or if you are, so am I. That's the exact same
results I see.

I wonder if the search is not currently looking at package names? A
few quick searches for 'psycopg2', 'docstringargs', 'pytz', and such
shows that a bunch of packages either aren't found at all, or are much
lower in the list than something that references it. Other packages,
like 'clize' and 'docutils', do come up at the top; they have their
own names also in their descriptions.

Looks like it's time to go to the bug tracker.

ChrisA