more itertools

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 31 22:12:17 EDT 2015

On 01/09/2015 02:52, Chris Rebert wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 6:42 PM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> This contained the itertool recipes and was available on pypi but looks like
>> it's gone.  Can anybody tell me if it's defunct, superseded or what?
>
> What do you mean? It's still there AFAICT:
>      https://pypi.python.org/pypi/more-itertools
> Still installs fine too:
>
> $ pip install more-itertools
> Collecting more-itertools
>    Downloading more-itertools-2.2.tar.gz
> Installing collected packages: more-itertools
>    Running setup.py install for more-itertools
> Successfully installed more-itertools-2.2
> $ python
> Python 2.7.10 (default, Jul 17 2015, 01:43:42)
> [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 6.1.0 (clang-602.0.53)] on darwin
>>>>

> Cheers,
> Chris
>
> P.S. It annoys me that the most of "recipes", which IME normally need
> no tweaking whatsoever, aren't just part of itertools proper.

Thanks Chris, and Chris Angelico.  Just to make sure I'm not completely
barking can you try a search on pypi, as I know I've found it that way
in the past, but literally not right now.  The first hit I get for
'itertools' is picklable-itertools 0.1.1 with a weight of 9,
'more-itertools' finds nothing, 'more_itertools' takes you to
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/langchangetrack/0.1.0.  Or am I simply
having another "shouldn't try this at stupid o'clock in the morning" phases?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence