Automation of Windows app?

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Sun Aug 30 11:08:42 EDT 2015

In a message of Sun, 30 Aug 2015 07:25:55 -0700, ryguy7272 writes:

>I know this is an old post, but anyway, can't you just use Windows Scheduler?
>http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/schedule-task#1TC=windows-7

I think you may have missed the original post, where poor old
Grant Edwards said:

> I need to automate operation of a Windows application.  It's a
> conformance test app from a standards organizaiton, and it's
> _stunningly_ bad.  You have to sit it front of it like some sort of
> brainless slave and click a button every 10-20 minutes.

So his problem isn't he needs to schedule some tasks, but rather he
has to exercise a horrible app by sitting mindlessly in front of
a Gui and remembering to click something at it every so often.  Poor
Grant is going to expire of boredom before the job gets done.   But
a python program can be plenty intelligent enough for this task.

So Grant?  How did it go?  Would you recommend it for the rest of us?

Laura