Sometimes bottle takes a lot of time

Johannes Bauer dfnsonfsduifb at gmx.de
Sun Aug 23 10:05:30 EDT 2015

On 22.08.2015 16:15, Christian Gollwitzer wrote:

> Probably yes. You should take a look at the OP again and compare the
> time stamps. It says that in between two consecutive calls of the same
> program, the request was served once in a second, and once with serious
> delays. Despite that the server is localhost. In between both trials
> there are 20 seconds. I do not see, how git bisect would help here.

I do completely understand that in two consecutive runs one time the
problem occurs and the other time it doesn't.

It's highly unlikely that such a bug would ever have passed the bottle
QA and if it did it would affect thousands of users (who would report
this issue, since it's very severe). It is much more likely the bug is
somewhere within the OP's program. By git bisect he can find out where
he introduced the bug.

> Note that this says nothing about the location of the bug, in can still
> be either in the OPs code or in the framework.

Yup. Note that he has now shifted from blaming bottle to blaming
Firefox. Same thing with that claim. If somehow website delivery was
delayed 6 seconds reproducibly, people would have noticed.

I suspect that either the OPs program is at fault or the OP's setup
(name resolution or some other weird stuff going on). But instead of
tackling this problem systematically, like a Software Engineer would
(Wireshark, debugger, profiler) he just blames other people's software.
This, in my humble opinion, is annoying as fuck.

Cheers,
Johannes

> Zumindest nicht öffentlich!
Kosmologen: Die Geheim-Vorhersage.