[Meta] How to post properly (was: Re: Hooking Mechanism when Entering and Leaving a Try Block)

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Thu Aug 13 19:15:47 EDT 2015

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 07:09 pm, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:

> A third rule, which I'm violating here myself, is stick to
> Python-related topics on this newsgroup.

On the sorts of places that take these sorts of fine distinctions seriously,
your post would be considered Meta rather than Off-topic. That is:

- posts about the main topic (here, that would be Python) are on-topic;

- posts about posting are meta;

- everything else is off-topic.

We have a reasonable tolerance to off-topic discussions, particularly if
they evolve naturally from an on-topic one.

--
Steven