[OT] How to post properly (was: Re: Hooking Mechanism when Entering and Leaving a Try Block)

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Thu Aug 13 05:09:20 EDT 2015

Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk>:

> The rule has been no top posting here for the 15 years I've been using
> Python.

Top posting is simply annoying.

However, I'd like people to also stick to another rule: only quote a few
lines. I should start seeing your contribution to the discussion without
scrolling because those few lines help me decide if I should skip the
posting altogether. (Well, if I can't see any original content at once,
I'll skip the posting.)

A third rule, which I'm violating here myself, is stick to
Python-related topics on this newsgroup.

Marko