Is Django the way to go for a newbie?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn PointedEars at web.de
Sun Aug 9 15:39:27 EDT 2015

Michael Torrie wrote:

> Web development is very a very hard problem, largely because it involves
> quite a few different domain-specific languages that you have to be
> proficient in.

I, professional Web developer, will not comment on that :)

> It's not just a matter of Python and Django. You must also have a good
> working knowledge of html, css, javascript, SQL (or
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is a common mistake and it has been repeated twice in your posting (so
it is unlikely to be a typo).   Therefore, allow me to "nitpick" on it
again:

It is _HTML_ (HyperText Markup Language), _CSS_ (Cascading Style-Sheets) and
_JavaScript_¹ (not an acronym).

Why you would write those three names in all-lowercase, but not “sql” (which
would equally be wrong since it is an abbreviation for “Structured Query
Language”) is truly beyond me.  How did you get this idea?

_____
¹  Contrary to popular belief, “JavaScript” does not encompass only one
   programming language, and there are ECMAScript implementations (in
   Web browsers and elsewhere) that did not, and marketing aside, still
   do not, contain the “JavaScript” trademark.
   See <http://PointedEars.de/es-matrix> for details.
--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2