Is Django the way to go for a newbie?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 00:44:40 EDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Dwight GoldWinde <Dwight at goldwinde.com> wrote:
> I am both new to Python and I haven’t even touched Django yet.
>
> I understand I that I need Django or something like it to develop my
> website.
>
> From what I have read, Python and Django somewhat go together.
>
> Is that true?
>
> Or is there another development platform better for someone like me than
> Django?

Django is quite big and powerful, but if your needs are simple, you
could consider something a bit simpler. I've used Flask for a couple
of web sites, and have worked with a number of students who've used it
successfully.

My recommendation: Learn Python first, and worry about web frameworks
later. Once you have the basics of the language under your belt,
you'll be better able to judge what works and what doesn't for the web
site you're trying to build.

Do you have a background in other programming languages, or are you
new to programming as a whole?

ChrisA