Python speed

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Fri Aug 7 17:26:46 EDT 2015

Am 07.08.2015 um 19:17 schrieb Laura Creighton:
> you
> really only are doing crunching, and your crunching is done
> in loops which run for a significant amount of time -- then PyPy
> is generally faster than Fortran.

PyPy faster than Fortran in a tight number-crunching loop? Sorry I find
this very hard to believe. I could accept that PyPy can match the speed
of Fortran in these cases, but exceeding seems highly unlikely. Was it a
mistake, or do you have a reference that shows how PyPy can be faster
than Fortran?

I agree with the rest what you have said.

	Christian