Python is not bad ;-)

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:03:09 EDT 2015

On 04/30/2015 01:07 AM, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> When I do that the computer is freezed a few times. That is a little
> less nice. Does not happen with Clojure when it gets an out of memory.

A system freeze is probably due to thrashing by your operating system as
a process (in this case Python) uses more and more memory, causing
massive swapping.  Clojure's heap, being a JVM-based language, is based
on JVM settings, so it may be maxing out at just a couple of GB.
Whereas Python will happily max out your swap if your program demands
the memory.