Best GUI for Python

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Apr 27 13:02:27 EDT 2015

On 2015-04-26, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> writes:
>
>> Tkinter is easier to use, as it is standard with Python. So long as
>> you have Tk/Tcl installed on your computer, Tkinter should work fine.
>>
>> However, Tkinter probably looks a bit more old fashioned.
>
> It doesn't have to. By using the newer ‘tkinter.ttk’ library
><URL:https://docs.python.org/3/library/tkinter.ttk.html>, the GUI will
> use native look-and-feel widgets.

I've tried using ttk, and it's not too bad on Windows, but it doesn't
seem to help a jot on Linux. Most Linux users seem to be able to cope
without a problem, but the old gray Motify look seems a bit dated.
When I do try to use ttk on Linux, I just seem to end up with a
mixture of two different completely non-native vaguely retro-looking
widgets.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! All this time I've
                                  at               been VIEWING a RUSSIAN