Best GUI for Python

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Apr 26 11:09:53 EDT 2015

On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 11:02 pm, Cecil Westerhof wrote:

> I want to use a GUI for Python. When searching I found (beside some
> others) Tkinter and wxPython. From what I found it looks like Tkinter
> is slightly better. What would be the pros/cons of these two? Would
> there be a compelling reason to use another GUI?

Tkinter is easier to use, as it is standard with Python. So long as you have
Tk/Tcl installed on your computer, Tkinter should work fine.

However, Tkinter probably looks a bit more old fashioned.

wxPython probably looks a bit more modern and may be a bit more powerful,
but it will require a large extra library. It's also a lot harder to learn
to use wxPython unless you are comfortable with C++ programming.

Have you seen this?

https://wiki.python.org/moin/GuiProgramming
‎

--