New to Python - block grouping (spaces)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 17:10:50 EDT 2015

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 3:05 AM, BartC <bc at freeuk.com> wrote:
> (Actually *I* would quite like to know why languages don't have switchable
> syntax anyway to allow for people's personal preferences.)

Why do it? What's the advantage of calling two different syntaxes one
language? Simpler to just call them two separate languages - maybe two
languages that share some sort of runtime, but two languages. For
instance, Java bytecode doesn't have to be created from Java source
code, but we don't consider NetRexx to be a "switchable syntax" for
Java. It's a completely separate language that compiles to a .class
file.

ChrisA