New to Python - block grouping (spaces)

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Fri Apr 17 16:28:27 EDT 2015

sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com:

> Can someone still write ugly code in Python? No doubt about it. But at
> least code blocks will be easily deciphered.

That's how I was originally convinced about Python: a coworker with a
terrible C++ "handwriting" produced neat, legible code in Python.

I'm still slightly annoyed by some downsides in the indentation style,
but the practical benefits more than compensate. Also, the semicolon
rules of JavaScript and Go are horrible compared with the simple line
continuation rules of Python.

Marko